Privacy and Usage Policy | Copyright 2019 © Appleton Skincare, LLC. All Rights Reserved
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services we offer. By providing your personal information as set forth herein, you are authorizing FaTH by Faith Appleton to store and use your information accordingly. This information includes:
- Email List – You may sign up on the website to receive promotional emails from FaTH by Faith Appleton. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, birthday and preferences. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time.
- Removal from Lists – To be removed from our marketing list, please email us at email@example.com You may also click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails in order to be removed from emails that we send you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions – On this website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This information is used to enter you into our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Email to a Friend – You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number, as well as for your friends’ contact details, in order for FaTH by Faith Appleton to fulfill your request, on your behalf and under your sole responsibility as regards to their consent to receive a message from you via this service.
Information We Collect By Automated Means
We may collect information about your browser, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
- To estimate usage numbers and patterns
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
We also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”), which are tiny graphic images, on our website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your device’s IP address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your device. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- Improve our website experience and quality of service.
- Send communications about our surveys and promotions.
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse.
- Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf.
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
Others with Whom We May Share Your Information
Service Providers: We may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone; and (g) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements and in a manner consistent with this Privacy and Usage Policy.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Links to other sites
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the FaTH by Faith Appleton website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
FaTH by Faith Appleton uses commercially reasonable measures to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use commercially reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We may, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Our website is not meant for children. We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen and will dispose of any such information if we become aware that it has been provided to us. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where they are located, whichever is greater.
California Privacy Rights
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
FaTH by Faith Appleton’s practices regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of personal information for European citizens follow the Safe Harbor principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, and enforcement.
HOW TO CONTACT US If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org